Wednesday 15 January 2014

Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer

Its a dream of every girl to achieve a flawless look after makeup and it is possible with the help of a primer. Primer isn't only supposed to make your skin look better but it is also supposed to make your foundation last longer on your skin.
Makeup primer has the unique ability to fill in the pores, fine lines and wrinkles. It also Protects your skin from chemicals found in all your makeup products. Last year in October I purchased Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer and have used it 6 or 7 times only in functions or parties as  mostly I stay away from makeup. Lets see what the product claims and how it turned out for me.


Claims
  • Its compact, translucent primer evens out and refines the skin’s texture, hides pores, blemishes and fine lines, leaving the skin looking flawless. 
  • Its soft texture and airbrush finish leaves the complexion feeling silky smooth and beautified.
  • It can be used alone or before applying foundation for an easier application and a long-lasting hold. 

My thoughts and experience

As I have a sensitive and acne prone skin so I always faced trouble in applying foundation as it used to block my pores. I started to read the reviews of primers and  finally after reading hundreds of review I came across this primer. I ordered it online and after a wait of four days the primer was in my hands. To be very honest I was really shocked when I saw it for the first time as I was not expecting such a small plastic pot.The primer contains 7ml of product. It comes in a cute, pink colored, round shaped plastic pot.It has a very light pink color which you can see in the picture but when it is applied to face it becomes colorless. If you want to get a perfect look after makeup then before applying primer dont forget to exfoliate your skin and also moisturise it. Exfoliation is must for acne prone skin in winters as it removes dry patches from your face.
It has a thick consistency and when I applied it on my face it made a big difference to the appearance of my skin.It smoothed out the acne scars on my cheeks and it gave me a smooth base for my foundation. Minor pores became almost invisible but larger pores were still visible. Although the pot is very small but you need a small quantity of the product to get a smooth look. It smells like a flower but its not very strong. As far as the longevity of the makeup is concerned then it made my foundation last for 7 or 8 hours and prevented my skin from going oily.Most importantly it didn't cause me to break out.


Pros 
  • Oil free.
  • Travel friendly.
  • Makes the skin smooth and velvety.
  • Makes small pores invisible and fills up fine lines to great extent.
  • Blends into the skin very well.
  • Suitable for oily and combination skin.
  • Floral fragrance which is not strong.

Cons
  • larger pores are still visible to an extent.
  • Gives matte look which is not perfect for dry skinned girls.
  • Ingredients are not mentioned on the pot.
  • Doesn't hide deep wrinkles and scars.
  • Expensive for how much you get (only 7ml).
  • Packaging is quite unhygienic (It much better to use a spatula instead of fingers to takeout product).

 Recommendation
If you have small sized pores and fine lines then this product is for you. But if you expect it to hide large pores, deep wrinkles and scars then its not for you. As I have normal sized pores so I will definitely repurchase it as it reduced the appearance of pores and helped to prolong my foundation.

Availability
Its not easily available so its much better to get this product online. I got this product from just4girls in Rs 1425.

My Rating
4/5

Have you tried the Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer?
 :)

18 comments:

  1. you have a very nice blog ^_^ wish you goodluck with blogging.Hope you enjoy it.This is the first time I have come to know about bourjois primer.Looks a little thick for my taste.But since you and I share the same skin type I think it will be worth a shot.Great review and photos.Thumbs up xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww hun thank you so much for such a warm welcome...:) It looks thick but when you will apply it then you will see its so soft and velvety....xoxoxoxo.....:)

      Delete
  2. Hey gorgeous, amazing blog :)
    loves it <3

    if you follow me ill follow back :P

    http://confessions-ofa-fashionista.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a lovely blog hun.....followed.....xoxoxo.....:)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. no doubt its a nice product hun......xoxoxo......:)

      Delete
  4. nice review dear :)
    what about the oil control ?
    http://makeupoholics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun, Yup its good in controlling oil....I purchased this primer at the end of October so you can imagine that I have used it during winters but it has performed well...My foundation lasted for 7 8 hours easily.....I cant tell you now how it performs during summer but I hope I wont be disappointed....xoxoxo.....:)

      Delete
  5. very detailed post! love it :) there have been times when i have been super shocked after receiving a product by the size of it haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also shocked....ahahahaha....xoxoxo....:D

      Delete
  6. Very nice review Dear.. m currently using Bodyography viel primer and MUFE corrective makeup base. Would give this a try next.
    Good day to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun and good day to you too....xoxoxo....:)

      Delete
  7. It looks nice, shame it's only 7ml. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup....I was also shocked when I received it....:(

      Delete
  8. looks nice...i love bourjois products
    would love to try

    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2014/02/real-techniques-core-collection-brushes-review.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Skin Care Blog by Maria Hussain, 2014. All rights reserved. Theme images by linearcurves. Powered by Blogger.

© 2014 Skin Care Blog by Maria Hussain, AllRightsReserved | Designed by ScreenWritersArena